Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Fine Print...

Disclaimers are a good thing.  They're for protection, really.  Protection from lawsuits, protection from doing something stupid, and protection from suing someone or being sued about something stupid that you did.  Most of all, they are put in place for the general well-being of everyone involved in a given pursuit.  This blog and its "newby" status needs a disclaimer. So here it goes:

I am not a personal trainer.  I don't claim to be a fitness guru, or even particularly good at any sport.  I run slow and can't lift a lot of weight.  However, I do like to try to maintain a healthy lifestyle.  That means, in short, I work out.  I try to eat right.  (Actually, sometimes I don't try to eat right...I like pizza as much as anyone else, and can justify it from time to time because all the food groups are represented, right? Besides, sometimes I don't have groceries...) Growing up, I wasn't a kid who enjoyed any sort of physical activity.  In short, I was fairly lazy. But I've walked a varied path as an adult, and have grown to love the endorphins/stress release I feel when I maintain a consistent workout schedule.  This blog adds another motivation for me to continue working out on a daily basis.  It's designed selfishly, starting out as a New Year's resolution for improving myself in a new way.  But it may also provide some information or entertainment for other people as well.  So, please take everything you read on here with a grain of salt.  Hopefully you will find something here worth reading, whether you are someone who loves exercise, someone who wants to start exercising, or someone who has no intention of exercising but just wants to spend some time reading or commenting about it. 

1 comment:

chitknit said...

Are non-pareils in their own food group?

:-)